Saturday, May 25, 2013

Batman vs. Superman

Okay, so those who know me really well know that I am a huge superman fan.  And hands down, my opinion is that superman will definitely win in a fight against batman.  But, I've been chatting with a few people and I think I need to clarify some reasons why batman will never be able to come out of this battle a winner.

Superman

The facts:

  • The Man of Steel is not rich: he grew up in a farm
  • He is often portrayed as a big softie: kind-hearted with a strong sense of justice and morality



If we ignore for a moment his kryptonite weakness, we all know that the man of steel is practically invincible.  I can't see how batman, with his regular human abilities can stand up to a superhero with super strength, laser vision, and lightning speed.  Brute strength vs. intelligence?  I vote brute strength.  Intelligence can only get you so far.  Superman can overcome any strategies Batman may have if we take kryptonite out of the picture.

Batman

The facts:

  • The Dark Knight is worth billions of dollars
  • Batman is dark, cold, and brilliant


There's no denying that Batman is incredibly smart, and can beat Superman if he really prepared for it.  He has a million gadgets and weapons at his disposal.  He can even develop krytponite weapons for use against the Man of Steel.  But even in the comics, Superman was always victorious.  So to answer, Superman CAN beat Batman, even if Batman had time to prepare.   

My conclusions:
- People who say that Batman can kick Superman's ass - what they really mean is
  1. I like Batman more, so he wins
  2. I think Batman can win only if he prepares in advance (cuz the obvious truth is that without any preparation at all, its buh bye to the Dark Knight.  See? Even they know, somewhere deep down, that Batman has no chance)
--
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment