Thursday, May 23, 2013

late and lattes

Hello Everyone!

First of all I just want to welcome you all to our blog!  We're both super excited to start sharing our thoughts, ideas, experiences with everyone!  Its a little regretful that we didn't do this sooner - I think it would've been great to share our experiences with everyone from when we first got our acceptance emails to now.  I think it would've been great to see how medical school has shaped us into the people we are today.


But alas, here I am, writing my first blog on the second last day of preclerkship.  Amanda and I were late again, as per usual.  I think our ability to make it to class on time has slowly diminished over the two years that we've been here.  On our first day of medical school, I remember Wiley (our favourite anatomy prof) telling us that it was considered a lapse in "professionalism" if we came to class late.  So Amanda and I would rush to class every morning to make sure we get there before our lecture started.  Soon though, we realized that no one noticed if we were late or not.  Then we started coming 1-2 minutes late for class.  This held for another couple months, until we realized that Starbucks in the morning is a really good way to keep us awake in class.  It was a great incentive to even GO to class in the first place.  So, now - we arrive about 10-15 minutes late, but only because we need our Starbucks fix before the start of class.  Latte? You make us late.....





--
Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment